My approach is to optimize design, marketing, and measurement of a website for improving customer interaction and conversion through an integrated strategy framework. The core idea of Integrated Online Marketing Strategy Framework approach is to create a process for analyzing online activities holistically and implementing best practices to engage and acquire customer. The framework approach divides online activities into 4 domains – analysis, development, marketing, and measurement.
The reason for dividing online activities into 4 domains is to implement and manage particular domain thoroughly, and brought back the knowledge in composition with other domains to optimize online marketing activities for higher return on investment. Each of the domain will focus to achieve their specific objectives and targets; and integrate with other domains through mapped and shared documents for achieving ultimate goals of the online business.
Benefits of Integrated Online Marketing Strategy Framework
The overall benefit of using Integrated Online Marketing Strategy Framework approach is to achieve higher return on investment by optimizing online user interaction and conversion processes.
Specific benefits are -
- Better online business performance by identifying gaps in usable design, quality content, and SEO best practices
- Higher conversion rate by optimizing design and content
- Higher return on investment by optimizing online traffic visits and content sharing
- Quality data and rational decisions by optimizing data collection, configuration, reports and dashboards
Domains of Integrated Online Marketing Strategy Framework
Analysis is a process of evaluating performance of your website by comparing against a set of standard guidelines and best practices in the subject domain. There are two main goals of analysis domain – i) Identify gaps in usable design, quality content, SEO and measurement best practices; and ii) make recommendations for improving customer engagement, conversion rate, SEO performance and analytics reports. Analysis activities will use quantitative data from analytical tools and qualitative information from customer’s feedback as well as industry best practices.
Analysis/Audit will answer two important questions-
- How well is your website performing?
- What are your website improvement areas?
The Analysis Domain Activities
- Usability and Accessibility Audit
- SEO Audit – onsite and offsite
- Content Audit
- Social Media Marketing Analysis
- Website Measurement and Analytics Analysis
Analyze is the essential first quadrant of Online Marketing Optimization Cycle for benchmarking your online performance and identifying improvement areas in all aspects of your online activities.
The main focus of the development domain is to build or optimize usable, accessible and conversion focus website. The goal is to optimize design and content for improving searchability, usability, conversion rate and branding. The development domain creates optimized content that are user friendly, easily shareable and convertible through social network, blogs and search engine.
The Development Domain Activities
- Develop or redesign website
- Implement usability and accessibility best practices
- Implement technical SEO best practices
- Implement content quality and accessibility best practices
- Implement strategies for content creation, management and delivery
Refine is the second quadrant of Online Marketing Optimization Cycle for improving your online presence in all aspects of design, structure and content. Implement is the third quadrant of Online Marketing Optimization Cycle for applying design changes and refined content types, format, structure.
Online marketing is the process of publishing and distributing relevant content to other websites, social media sites and advertising networks for creating inbound links. Online marketing also manage marketing activities on social media sites as wella s advertising on paid medias. The landscape of online marketing is changing at such a fast and furious speed that it is almost impossible to know if the same techniques and tools that apply today will work tomorrow. The focus of the marketing domain is on higher return on investment by optimizing online traffic visits and content sharing. The marketing domain will optimize authority building, social media marketing and online advertising.
The Marketing Domain Activities
- Develop content for different channel strategies
- Deliver content mix strategies for attracting and engaging online audience
- Implement inbound link building strategies
- Implement social media marketing strategies
- Implement online advertising strategies
- Implement email marketing strategies
Refine is the second quadrant of Online Marketing Optimization Cycle for fine tuning marketing activities. Implement is the third quadrant of Online Marketing Optimization Cycle for implementing new marketing strategies and activities.
The aim of the measurement domain is to establish an environment for measuring the website performance. The goal of the measurement domain is to provide quality data and support rational decisions by optimizing data collection, configuration, reports and dashboards. The domain will map the purposes of the website and the objectives of content, design and marketing with measurement metrics and KPIs. The domain will create analytical reports that will help decision makers to understand website performance in relation with overall business and marketing goals.
The Measurement Domain Activities
- Develop Performance Measurement Plan
- Implement best practices for data capture and configuration
- Setting goals, segmentations and analysis funnels
- Create reports and dashboards
- Process, analyze and deliver reports to key stakeholders
Measure is the fourth quadrant of Integrated Optimization Cycle for implementing and optimizing data collection, configuration, reports and dashboards.
In summary, Integrated Online Marketing Strategy Framework is a holistic approach to optimize and implement online marketing activities thoroughly; it blends web design, content, social and search engine marketing and analytics comprehensively. The approach will help online team to focus on achieving strategic goals for each of the domain, and integrate results with other domains for a comprehensive understanding of the website and marketing performance.